The health and safety of our patrons, staff and performers is our highest priority. In order to operate the MEC safely, we are implementing a range of enhanced measures and protocols. As of the 7th of December 2020, our venue capacity has increased to 75% in accordance with NSW government guidelines, as the 2 square metre rule replaces the 4 square metre rule.
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS TO A PERFORMANCE AND HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT THESE CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 6592 5466.
STAFF TRAINING AND COVID SAFE STATUS
- MEC staff have received training in COVID safe procedures and protocols for your protection and peace of mind.
- Manning Entertainment Centre is officially recognised and approved as a COVID safe business.
TICKETS AND ALLOCATED SEATING
- It is a special condition of entry that you must remain in your allocated seat for the duration of the performance.
- We encourage patrons to present their email tickets on their phone, or familiarise themselves with and say their seat numbers when displaying hard copy tickets to ushers, so that there is no need for ushers to handle the tickets.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule has been activated throughout the venue and a safety concierge will be onsite throughout the performance to support social distancing and contact point cleaning.
- Patron Contact Details
The patron who has purchased tickets in their name is required to have access to contact details of all members of their group. All patrons are required to check-in at the venue when they attend.
- Electronic check-in is mandatory
Patron check-in at the theatre must be completed using the Service NSW QR code on display in the foyer. You can list the other patrons in your booking as dependents so that all patrons are checked in. We have staff available to assist you if needed.
- Cashless Transactions
Please purchase tickets in advance where possible so that they can be emailed to you. At the MEC please use tap and go rather than cash for ticket, drinks and food purchases.
- Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
Undertake good hand and respiratory hygiene measures: wash hands frequently and use hand sanitising stations within the facility.
Keep a safe distance (at least 1.5m) from other patrons when not seated. Observe floor markings at service areas and theatre doors. Remain in your allocated seat for the duration of the performance.
- If you are unwell you must not attend the performance
Should you be unwell, please contact us PRIOR TO THE PERFORMANCE to discuss whether you are eligible for a refund or exchange.
Please note: if you are visibly unwell, or refuse to cooperate with social distancing, you will be asked to leave the venue for the safety of all of our patrons, staff and performers.
COVIDSafe APP AND MASKS
- We recommend that you install the Australian Government Department of Health COVIDSafe app on your phone, and turn it on with your phone switched to Airplane mode whilst in the theatre.
- Whilst the wearing of masks is not mandatory, we support patrons' choice to wear them.
The MEC team will monitor the movements, attendance numbers, compliance, and comfort levels of the public. Front of House staff will be onsite to assist patrons.
Patrons acknowledge that while the MEC has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the MEC at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Venue regarding health outcomes.